Department of Microbiology-Immunology Northwestern University
303 E. Chicago Ave, Searle 6-541
Chicago, IL 60611
Tel: (312) 503-0385 (Office)
(312) 503-1034 (Lab)
1) Take INTERSTATE 190 to INTERSTATE 90/94 (CHICAGO)
2) Take the EAST OHIO ST/600 N exit, exit number 50B.
3) Merge onto W OHIO ST
4) Continue along OHIO ST for 1.5 mi (crossing N. STATE ST and N. MICHIGAN AVE)
5) Turn LEFT on FAIRBANKS CT ( YELLOW ROUTE )
6) Turn LEFT on HURON ST
7) Continue on Huron until you see the PUBLIC PARKING GARAGE (see asterisk * on the map) on the right side of the street
8) When you leave the public parking facility, walk east (towards to the lake) along SUPERIOR ST until you cross FAIRBANKS CT ( PURPLE ROUTE )
9) The SEARLE BUILDING (see "X" on map) entrance will be the last door you see
Dr. Cianciotto named Director of DGP
Dr. Nicholas Cianciotto has been named the director of the Driskill Graduate Program
Lab attends MMPC and MI Retreat
The lab attends the 19th annual Midwest Microbial Pathogenesis Conference at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI as well as the annual Microbiology-Immunology Retreat at Williams Bay, Wisconsin.
Harry, Jessica, and Denise awarded positions on NIH training grants
Harry Christman, Jessica Schmitt, and Denise Burnside have all been appointed to the Immunology and Molecular Pathogenesis Training Grant.
New 1st year graduate student
Richard White, a MPH/PhD graduate student joins the lab.
Congratulations to Celeste completing her qualification exam
Celeste Mallama completes her second year graduate student qualification exam
Pearce et al reports discovery of new Legionella species
Congratulations to Doctors McCoy-Simandle, Pearce and Stewart
All three have received their PhD's, and Meghan Pearce also received her MPH. All 3 have received Postdoctoral positions